Tel: 019 1456 1552
At McGuinness Opticians
Our Advanced Eye Examination is a great way to provide the best peace of mind for your eye health as it allows us to compile a series of digital images right from the front through to the back of your eyes.
These detailed images can give us a more comprehensive view of your eyes compared to that of a standard eye test.
Having an exact record of how the back of your eye looks is important as any future changes can be found by comparing the images to previous years. In this way any changes can be detected at an early stage making eye conditions easier to treat.
Please contact to book your Advanced Digital Eye Examination
Phone: 0191 4561552
The Advanced Eye Exam is suitable for patients of all age groups but is particularly recommended for patients with the following conditions:
• Family history of Glaucoma
• Macular condition (ARMD)
• High Blood Pressure
• Dry eye (patients often complain of a watery eye!)
• Corneal conditions eg. Fuchs dystrophy
Pricing for Eye Examinations
Whether you are a private patient or normally receive an NHS eye test we can provide this new more advanced health check for your eyes.
Standard Private Eye Examination:
The Advanced Eye Examination for Private Patients:
The Advanced Eye Examination subsidy for NHS patients:
You are eligible for a free NHS sight test if you:
• are under 16
• are 16, 17 or 18 and in full-time education
• are 60 or over
• are registered as partially sighted or blind
• have been diagnosed with diabetes or glaucoma
• are 40 or over and your mother, father, sibling or child has been diagnosed with glaucoma
• have been advised by an eye doctor (ophthalmologist) that you’re at risk of glaucoma
• are eligible for an NHS complex lens voucher – your optician can advise you about your entitlement
• receive income based benefits, i.e. Universal credit, Income Support, Working Families Tax Credit, Income Based Job Seekers Allowance and Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
• hold a valid NHS HC2 certificate
You may also be entitled to help towards the cost of your glasses if you meet some of the above criteria.
Monday - Thursday 9.00am - 5.30pm,
Friday 9.35 - 5.30,
Saturday 9.00am - 4.30pm
019 1456 1552
33 Westoe Road, South Shields NE33 4LS
© J.McGuinness Opticians 2019